ISO - Netflix Indigenous Production Apprenticeships and Cultural Mentorships Grant
All applicants are required to review these program application guidelines and the ISO General Funding Guidelines and the eligibility checklist before completing the application in the ISO Apply portal.
ISO has partnered with Netflix to provide funding to support training, professional development and culturally specific approaches for Indigenous on-screen content creators. There are two funding streams available:
- Production Apprenticeships: the goal of these grants are to support new opportunities for hands-on training and career progression for Indigenous creatives who want to take their careers to the next level. You are required to demonstrate that apprentices have a record of production experience and demonstrate that this opportunity will support their skills building and career development.
- Cultural Mentorships: this program was created to offer the opportunity for Indigenous producers, directors and writers to engage in cultural mentorship, community engagement, cultural learning, and protocols work during the development and pre-development phases of their projects. This may include working with Elders, language speakers, knowledge keepers and/or community members to develop their project idea or to support their personal growth and development in their career as a screen-based storyteller.
- To create new training, career development and job opportunities for Indigenous on-screen creatives, with a focus on those who have gained experience in the sector and want to expand their skill set;
- To build capacity within the sector, at all levels of production;
- To support Indigenous producers, directors and writers to engage in cultural engagement, learning and protocols work during the development phases of their project;
- To recognize Indigenous ways of working, which often requires extensive engagement, consultation and learning at the community level.
This Grant is open to Indigenous Individuals, Sole Proprietors, and Companies.